We’re all aware of how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected people, businesses, and life in general. Our daily routines have changed, including activities that we used to take for granted — making grocery runs, taking the kids to school, paying our bills, and getting some much-needed pampering at our favorite salons.
Currently, we’re still on stage 3 of the first phase of California Governor Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order. This means that only essential services, retailers (except beauty salons), offices, and a limited number of services which do not require close customer contact are open. However, we’re hoping that once the public health situation improves, other businesses would be allowed to operate as well.
In preparation for that eventuality (because we’re pretty optimistic), Paua Beauty Lounge has already made some adjustments designed to ensure the health and safety of all clients and employees. You can view our new safety installations below! We’re sharing this information with you so that on your next visit to Paua, you may do so confident in the thought that we’ve got you covered.
Steps to ensure your health and safety
Even before the COVID-19 health crisis entered the picture, sanitation and health have always taken precedence in our salon procedures and dealings with clients.
- Where possible, we only use disposable tools.
- We only use available non-toxic products in our beauty treatments.
- We don’t use acrylics or administer unsafe nail applications.
- All nail technicians at Paua are licensed, trained, and experienced.
- Our implements are sanitized with hospital-grade disinfectant and are subject to UV sterilization.
- All pedicure stations are cleaned immediately after each use, and every client is provided new disposable liners for their session.
We’re also proud to say that our own standards exceed what the state and Cosmetology Board require of us because the health and safety of our clients, as well as those of our salon staff, remain our top priorities.
COVID-19-specific modifications at Paua
In response to the need to enforce more stringent hygiene protocols to prevent the transmission of pathogens, especially the SARS-CoV-2 virus, we have implemented the following enhancements in our facilities:
- We have installed protective shields or barriers at all of our salon tables.
- There are protective barriers separating our nail technicians from our clients who want pedicures.
- We already have safety shields in place in our nail salon.
Of course, we have plenty of hygiene products available and accessible to all clients, including hand sanitizer, soap, and water. Our staff are always on hand to assist you in your hygiene requirements, so please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Get pampered at Paua Beauty Lounge
Life is stressful enough — so get some pampering at Paua Beauty Lounge.
We specialize in microblading, mani-pedis, facials, and waxing services. Come alone or make a day of it with your BFF, mom, sister, or the whole gang. We also offer special packages for group pampering events like bridal parties, nails parties, get-togethers, year-end parties, and birthdays.
And although we can’t go out just yet to get the beauty treatments we want from our favorite neighborhood salons, we can all look forward to the time when we can.
Meanwhile, stay safe and healthy. Take care, and see you soon!